Project Architect – Norwell location
Habeeb & Associates Architects is seeking a Project Architect for our Norwell, MA office location to focus on the technical aspects of construction documents and specifications, and to perform construction administration services. The successful candidate will be a firm-wide resource for construction technology and best practices, and will provide technical assistance and mentoring to junior members with regards to the preparation of construction documents.
This position is a terrific opportunity for a technically savvy design individual with integrity, passion, and a desire to engage in progressive, yet efficient and functional design projects. Ten plus years of experience and registration required. Experience in the public sector preferred. Competitive salary based on experience.
- Assist PM’s and others with generation of studies, and construction plans and details
- Prepare specifications
- Collaborate with other disciplines to produce integrated project documents
- Promote products, technologies, and methodologies to create innovative approaches and improve the technical quality of projects
- Conduct QA reviews of documents for accuracy and completeness prior to bidding
- Prepare code reviews
- Perform field investigations of existing structures and document existing conditions
- Mentor junior team members in code review, construction phase services, detailing, etc.
- Perform construction phase services
Educational Project Manager – Norwell or Worcester locations
With 15+ years’ experience in the management of projects for educational projects, the Project Manager (PM) role is directly responsible for allocating resources to insure that the work process flows smoothly, and has primary leadership responsibility in managing both the client relationship and project success, as measured in client satisfaction, work quality, and profitability. The PM manages all phases of the project through construction including budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, estimating, construction documents, bidding and construction administration with the authority to direct and monitor all activities.
- Professional degree (Master or Bachelor) in Architecture
- Licensed Architect
- 10+ years of experience in Project Management for K-12 school projects including new buildings and renovations
- DCAMM and State experience a plus
- Understanding of project financial management and contract administration, including project coordination, budgeting and scheduling, and contract negotiations
- Strong abilities in managing fees, schedules and staffing
- Experience forming and leading a collaborative, team oriented environment, where diversity is recognized and celebrated
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- MCPPO Certified or desire to do so
- LEED Accreditation or desire to do so
The Educational Project Manager position is a terrific opportunity for an individual with integrity and passion to work in a collaborative, thriving environment. Salary range is based on experience. Relocation packages available for the right hire. Habeeb & Associates Architects offers a competitive benefits and compensation package, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, and employer paid life insurance and continuing education benefits. We are located in Norwell, MA just minutes off Route 3. This year we are celebrating our 21st anniversary in the educational, state/municipal, and commercial markets. We promote an open, team-oriented and flexible work environment free from discrimination of any kind.
Submit Your Resume and Portfolio
H&A engages in a culture of team. We share the annual profits. We work in a thriving environment (currently virtual) where coaching, unrestricted by reporting relationships, is used to expand our individual and collective performance and knowledge. We expect a healthy balance of work and play. We seek to be great.
Habeeb & Associates Architects is a mid-sized, South Shore and Worcester-based design firm in our 23rd year of operation. The diversity of our projects matches the diversity we seek in team members. H&A invites resumes from results-oriented, self-motivated, and dynamic individuals who desire to enrich our growing architectural firm. If you’d like to contribute your experience to our stellar team, please .